This post is inspired by the noises our stomachs are currently making as the mid-afternoon munchies begin to kick in. We translated the sounds into English, and apparently they really want us to tell you guys about all the great places to eat around Block 37.
“April showers bring May flowers… all around Block 37!” Bet you didn’t learn that verse as a child, did you? We’re all about creative liberty here at Block and that’s why we’ve decided to take this beloved little ditty and bring it to life with a collection of flowery frocks, footwear, fragrances and other finds to turn your lifelong dream of living in a secret garden into reality!
It’s a scientific fact that flowers make people happy (we’re sure there’s a journal article somewhere). Looking in mirrors and catching your reflection in windows will therefore be a joy when you bust out these bouquets!
• Twist-Front Halter One Piece (Anthropologie, $118)
• Embroidered Roselle Tank (Anthropologie, $118)
• Black Floral Wrap Dress (Akira, $70)
• Marguerite Maxi Dress (Anthropologie, $298)
• Wildest Dreams Jumper (Akira, $49)
Here’s a little something for every occasion. The embroidered heels make us want to be on a Havana terrace dancing with a mysterious stranger. Or at least take salsa lessons. Or maybe just eat salsa. Regardless, they’re beautiful and perfect for hot summer nights. Then we couldn’t leave you without something to wear to work the next day. Because a morning after a night in heels is the worst kind of hangover there is.
• Paoloa d’Arcano Rosae Heels (Anthropologie, $389)
• Guilhermina Modesto Loafers (Anthropologie, $128)
• Blossom Slip-Ons (Bucketfeet, $59)
Bring the outside in and turn your entire home into one big beautiful garden with rose-covered rugs and wildflower walls. The best part: it’s ok if you forget to water them 🙂
• Wafture Planters ($10-14)
• DIY Coloring Paper Table Runner ($25)
• Pressed Flowers iPhone 6 Case ($42)
• Sissinghurst Castle Dinner Plate ($24)
• Silent Fox Rug ($698-$1998)
• French Bouquet Wall Art ($2218)
• Agneta Quilt ($168-$228)
All from Anthropologie.
Flowers are like the jewelry of the Earth. What would Mother Nature be without her daisy dangles or buttercup brooches? Just dirt, that’s what. Get in on her style with these lovely little reminders that Earth truly is the best jeweler!
• Wild Blossoms Anemone Earrings (Les Nereides*, $73)
• Wild Blossoms Multi-Flower Necklace (Les Nereides*, $363)
• Budding Vine Hoops (Anthropologie, $48)
• Lily Ring (Anthropologie, $148)
*Les Néréides Grand Opening June 3
The whole “stop and smell the roses” could get kinda awkward when you’re the one smelling like flowers. Strangers walking unusually close, acquaintances asking to sniff you… but who cares? You smell phenomenal.
• Lavender Scented Drawer liners (Sabon, $13)
• Rose Lip Mask (Sephora, $3)
• Cherry Blossom Perfumed Soap (L’OCCITANE, $7)
• Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh (Sephora, $25-$102)